About Me

My name is Ashley Hernandez. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. I was born and raised in New Jersey and moved to Alabama in January of 2009. I have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from the County College of Morris and looking forward to getting my Bachelors Degree. I love working with children and watching them grow and learn. I have worked in preschools since I was 16 years old. I hope to teach Kindergarten one day!


Friday, April 30, 2010

Technology in the Classroom

I feel that technology is a fun, innovative way to make the most out of learning. When I went to school, we learned out of a book, and it bored me to death. Now, we have everything from smartboards, to ipads, to webcams. We can use almost any form of technology in our classrooms. I personally will use and teach technology in my class. I find that having a class blog is useful and helps the parents keep up with whats going on in the classroom, no matter what their schedule is. By using a blog, you can post homework assignments, upcoming projects, pictures, work and examples, important dates, pretty much everything! It would be a convenient tool for the busy parents who might not have a flexible schedule to keep in touch with you. The blog would really help that situation as well as finding out what the homework is if you missed it. I will have all this information available on my classroom blog! I think that becuase I am teaching Kindergarten, this would be the only thing they would do online without me. The blog is something they can do at home, where as we can work on projects in class. I would love to have my students create podcasts or even voicethreads. Thanks to EDM 310 I feel more prepared to be a technologically literate teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment