About Me

My name is Ashley Hernandez. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in Elementary Education. I was born and raised in New Jersey and moved to Alabama in January of 2009. I have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from the County College of Morris and looking forward to getting my Bachelors Degree. I love working with children and watching them grow and learn. I have worked in preschools since I was 16 years old. I hope to teach Kindergarten one day!


Friday, April 30, 2010

Tools I Will Use in my Classroom

I have learned alot about different tools to use in my classroom. For one, I will use Google spreadsheets to keep track of grades and other important information. I think that when teaching the history of something, using timetoast will really help as a visual aid and would actually be fun for the children to make. I will use Itunes U personally to keep up with the latest information on what I am teaching my students. I feel that it would also be fun to make a class podcast, voicethread, or even demonstrate skype in class. Children are amazed by technology and it would make it more intriguing to involve technology in my lessons. As previously stated, I will also have a classblog to allow my students and parents in the classroom to stay connected and up to date on the latest news. I plan to be a technologically literate teacher and use technology in my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment